NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execute only selected test socket in parallel model

Hi all,

I use parallel model with 4 sockets. When I use Single Pass button it distinguishless executes all four sockets.

How can I execute only a selected socket with a button for it.

Conclusively I need to have four buttons that can execute a single socket or all four as well.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(5,433 Views)

I'm curious why you aren't using the Test UUTs entry point.  It has the exact dialog you are asking for already.

SinglePass is meant to do exactly what you are seeing.  It just goes ahead and runs the sockets.

So let me see if I understand what you are looking for. 

Basically you want a dialog that pops up before the test sockets execute. 

In that dialog a user can check which sockets they want to execute. 

Then they hit a "Start" button.

Only the selected socekts will execute.

So my question is: What if they only select 2 sockets?  Do you just want to terminate the other sockets?  Or is it possible that they could start those later?

Also, if you want all the sockets to start at the same time you should be looking at the Batch Model.  The parallel model will suffice but it is used to asynchronously start and stop sockets.  The batch is used to start all sockets at once.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 13
(5,418 Views)

Hi,

From the description of what you would like to do I think this example might accomplish similar functionality you are looking for by disabling one (or all but one) in a single pass of Batch Model. I haven't tested it out but you should be able to create your own model using the Parallel Model and the information in the example.

Evan See
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(5,414 Views)

Hi jigg,

On my GUI I want the option to execute specific socket by using a button or to execute all the sockets together by using a different button(In my case "SinglePass" btn.).

To answer your questions :

I don't want to push a button and a dialog box will pop-up and then push the wanted socket's button to execute .I need to control the socket before executing.

If you only select 2 sockets so those non-selected sockets will not be executed ever when "SinglePass" will be pushed.

Only when the check box of the sockets is checked so it enabled to test UUT

I use parallel process model cause I want that all the sockets will start together (depend if it selected)and asynchronously finished.

Hope that U understand

Tnx

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(5,412 Views)

Hi Evan,

The batch model is irrelevant for us.

our requiments are suitable to parallel model since we want that the UUT's will be finished asynchronously.

Tnx

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(5,410 Views)

I'm still not sure which GUI you are talking about.  Is this your User Interface?  Or is it a GUI that will pop up after they start the test?

It sounds like your UI because you want to do it before hitting start.  In that case you will need to customize the UI and use UI Messages.  One thing you could do is override the Model Options callback in your client sequence file and then pass the sequence context to the UI.  From the UI in the UI Message callback you can pass your check box data and then set some variables using the sequence context.  Then using that information you can enable and disable the right number of sockets.

The tricky part of this though is that your socket numbers will change depending on how many you selected and which ones.  If you are guaranteed that socket 0 is always filled and then if they use 2 UUTs then socket 1 will be filled then you will be fine.

However, if they put one in socket 0 and one in socket 3 and sockets 1 and 2 are empty you will have issues.

This is just one way of many that you could accompish this.  However, most solutions for your problem will use UI Messages.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(5,406 Views)

Hi gig,

Yes I use my GUI,

How can I pass checkbox state?Which variable on teststand should I set to disable the relevant socket?

As far as I found on batch model only the field "Disabled" is exists (active/Inactive the socket).

The issue of changing index socket as you mentioned below is very critical since each socket referenced to a specific HW with a specific serial port configuration.

So your examples will activate the wrong HW.

Is there a way to prevent the index's changing?

Tnx

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(5,399 Views)

Hi jigg,

sorry on the name's mistake.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(5,396 Views)
Have you looked at the code for the batch model UI that comes with TestStand? What about the provided UI is not satisfactory?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(5,386 Views)

Hi Dennis,

The GUI examples don't satisfied our requirements,

We need that all UUT's will start together and will finish asynchronously.

So it kind of a mixed process models of Batch and Parallel model,

I expected that I could control at the execution as I control the termination of each UUT .

Tnx,

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(5,362 Views)