NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluation version for "Base Deployment Engine " available?

Hello,

we have one "Development-version" to develop testplans.

Now we are creating a cutom OPUI that calls the teststand-API. It works fine with the "Development-version".

Normally it should be enough to just install the "Base Deployment" to compile and use our custom OPUI.

The price is ~500EUR for the "Base Deployment"

Question is now:

Is there an evalution-download available to check if i can use our custom OPUI with the "Base deployment"?

I only find an evaluation-download for the full "Development-version"

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 25
(4,645 Views)

Not sure if this will help but you could go delete your dev license on that machine.  Depending on your version of Windows but in W7 it's in C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\License Manager\Licenses.

Look for any TestStand licenses that say dev or debug and rename them (in case you want to reinstate them later).

Something to try,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 25
(4,634 Views)

You also might be able to go into NI License Manager, right-click the TestStand Dev System (and Debug Deployment, if activated) and choose Deactivate. Then you can activate only the Base Deployment license (right-click it and choose Activate). Once you are done testing, you can always go back and reactivate the Development System.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 25
(4,632 Views)

Daniel,

I think he's going for the evaluation version.  Unfortunately what you suggested wouldn't work for the eval version would it?

Maybe this will be a learning experience for me as well... 🙂

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 25
(4,629 Views)

Deleting the license files will have the same effect as having an evaluation license, that's correct. Edited: Actually, deleting the license file will only trigger evaluation mode if the original evaluation license files are on the machine. This would be the case for a clean install, but may not be the case for OnlyOne's install. In that case, deleting the license files would just cause TestStand to not open.

However, my interpretation of the question (please correct me if I'm wrong, OnlyOne), is that he was wanting an eval version of base deployment so that he could confirm that his OI would work with a base deployment license. If that's the case, I think it's an equally accurate test to use an activated Base Deployment license. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 25
(4,624 Views)

So the only way to test a base deployment is to have a license for it?  Because if you don't have one then how do you know if you need to purchase one without testing it?

The reason I suggested what I did was so that you instal lthe eval for TestStand.  Then delete the dev one and hopefully it would be using just the base eval.

Thanks for the info,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 25
(4,614 Views)
I never had any problems with the deployment license. Since you have to either purchase this or the development license in order to deploy your sequence, just go ahead and purchase it.

p.s. Also purchasing a debug license is a good idea.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 25
(4,605 Views)

So I'm not sure what OnlyOne's use case is but I could see needing an eval copy of the deployment license.

I agree that in most cases you shouldn't but consider this case:

You have code somewhere (process model, sequence file, UI, pick your poison) that is calling an API function that requires the development environment.  You want to test to see if this is the case so you want to evaluate it before dropping $500 on a license.  Granted you will need to get the dev license to run the code but wouldn't it be nice to know before hand whether or not you should cut a PO for the dev or deployment?

Just a thought,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 25
(4,600 Views)

I only want to test if the "Base Deployment"-Licence is enough for my OPUI.

I think if i just install the normal evaluation-licence, then i have a 30days development-full version. So this make no sense.

Is it possible to deactivate my Development-licence and then (on the same PC) reactivate a Base-Deployment using the licence-code from the Development-lilcence?

Or is my Development-lilcence automaticaly a development-licene and can not be used as Base-Deployment-licence?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 25
(4,589 Views)

For you information:

It is not possible to activate the "BaseDeployment-product" using a "Development"-serialnumber.

😞

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25
(4,579 Views)