From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while updating variables of a teststand through LabVIEW API

Solved!
Go to solution

VikAsBaRai,

The trouble is you are trying to change a property that doesn't exist because the sequence isn't running. Therefore from your OpenSequenceFile reference you need to get a reference to FileGlobalsDefaultValues. Once you have this you can then set you Property value of SerialNumber using the SetValString . Remember the Lookup string will just be the variable name ie 'SerialNumber' and not 'FileGlobals.SerialNumber'.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(3,110 Views)

@pulidotech

I tried what you have explained , and here is the screenshot of that code . It still gives me error but this time its different than previous. Does I have missed something ?error.png

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(3,106 Views)

Are you trying to get a reference to an execution when you haven't got a sequence running!!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(3,102 Views)

RaymondFarmer

Yes I want to update the data inside a local variable when the seq. is loaded. Since I am using that particular data as serial number in PreUUT. And also I tried using FileGlobalsDefaultValues property . Now It doesn't gives any error , but still data is not updating. I am attaching the code please have a look.  Also right not I have not added PreUUT sequence. First let me get throught the MainSequence.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(3,093 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author VikAsBaRai

Hello Everyone!!

I have finally suceeded to implement what I wanted , Now I can update TS local variables while calling it into LV full featured interface .Thankyou everyone for your suggestions it helped anyways somewhere and  Special thanks to RaymondFarmer for suggesting FileGlobalsDefaultValues . Your idea worked but only thing I had to add is options numeric value. Add options enum with value PropDlgOutput_ModifiedObject or constant 608. Check below image and also I have attached the final code - 

2016-09-01_1655.png

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(3,083 Views)