NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while browsing project file.and sub vi's simultaneously

I have one Action(it is labview module) step in my sequence file. So whenever I select action step, in steps setting pane under module tab, when i choose the correct project path I'm unable to choose the (vi path) showing errors for dependencies/file not found.

I have labview runtime installed in my system.

kindly,help me with the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,513 Views)

Problem seems to be clear - you need to make sure, that code module has all required dependencies. If you have run-time engine installed in the system, then you need to use deployed/compiled code modules there; b/c run-time engine expects, that all dependencies, linked to code modules, are present in the system as code module has defined.

So it can be, that you can open code module in dev. environment without issues, but while switching to run-time engine, it will be broken. Just make sure, that you deploy code module properly... Does it use some external dll, subVIs, etc.? Are they present in the system? How do you distribute your code modules to the targer PC?

Sincerely, kosist90

logos_middle.jpg

Check out new features of LabVIEW 2017!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,485 Views)

Actually we have a plant model that has to be tested using teststand.It works properly for specific logins and it doesn't works for other logins(system login not teststand login).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,480 Views)

Actually we have a plant model that has to be tested using teststand.It works properly for specific logins and it doesn't works for other logins(system login not teststand login).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,479 Views)

Then it can be an issue of some component installation - it was installed for, let's say, just Admin user, but not for all users. Thus, TestStand can find dependency under one Windows account, and not under the other.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,475 Views)