From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error handler with a plugin

Hello all,

I am asking for your help because I am looking to personalize my error handling and centralize it in one place so that it is easily upgradeable.

I am attaching a simplified example, but I am using the "SequenceFilePostStepRuntimeError" callback to catch and handle errors.

It works fine as long as I stay in the same sequence file.

When I make subsequence calls in other sequence files, the error handling no longer works.

I would either have to duplicate my callback in all my sequence files, but in case of modification, I must modify all the sequence files and this can become cumbersome, or I would modify the processmodel, but this is not desirable.

I thought about using a plugin to override TestStand's error handling, but it doesn't work.

Do you have an idea ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,249 Views)

Hi teamJP66,

I think the best way to go about this is putting the callback in the process model - that way you can access it from all client sequences and just override it from client sequence file to disable the functionality.

But I am curious if anyone has a better solution 🙂

Best regards,
Jano
Message 2 of 5
(1,185 Views)

Hello TeamJP66,

I hope you are well and safe!

Take a look at the example:

<TestStandPublic>\Examples\Callbacks\PostStepRuntimeErrorCallback\ErrorHandlerExample.seq

Look at the sequence SequenceFilePostStepRuntimeError for various things you can do inside this callback.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Edgar Umrikyan.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,127 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I actually based myself on this example and the problem remains intact 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,122 Views)

Dear TeamJP66,

I found a similar question in the forum could you please review it? If you haven't already considered it.

Best Regards,

Edgar Umrikyan.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,119 Views)