NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error handler with a plugin

Hello all,

I am asking for your help because I am looking to personalize my error handling and centralize it in one place so that it is easily upgradeable.

I am attaching a simplified example, but I am using the "SequenceFilePostStepRuntimeError" callback to catch and handle errors.

It works fine as long as I stay in the same sequence file.

When I make subsequence calls in other sequence files, the error handling no longer works.

I would either have to duplicate my callback in all my sequence files, but in case of modification, I must modify all the sequence files and this can become cumbersome, or I would modify the processmodel, but this is not desirable.

I thought about using a plugin to override TestStand's error handling, but it doesn't work.

Do you have an idea ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,208 Views)

Hi teamJP66,

I think the best way to go about this is putting the callback in the process model - that way you can access it from all client sequences and just override it from client sequence file to disable the functionality.

But I am curious if anyone has a better solution 🙂

Best regards,
Jano
Message 2 of 5
(1,144 Views)

Hello TeamJP66,

I hope you are well and safe!

Take a look at the example:

<TestStandPublic>\Examples\Callbacks\PostStepRuntimeErrorCallback\ErrorHandlerExample.seq

Look at the sequence SequenceFilePostStepRuntimeError for various things you can do inside this callback.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Edgar Umrikyan.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,086 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I actually based myself on this example and the problem remains intact 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,081 Views)

Dear TeamJP66,

I found a similar question in the forum could you please review it? If you haven't already considered it.

Best Regards,

Edgar Umrikyan.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,078 Views)