From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error generating ATML report with sequence call

When my main squence calls another sequence (which passes), the ATML report generator produces an error. This happens in both atml 2.02 and 5.00. The error message I get is:

An exception occurred inside of the call to .NET member 'GenerateReport':
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xFFFFBC6B): Index out of range.
   at NationalInstruments.TestStand.Interop.API.ReportSections.get_Item(Object index)
   at NIOTFReportGenerator.CollectionStepResult.UpdateExisting(IStepResult updatedStepResultI, Boolean usingConserveMemory, ReportFileStream& tempFileStream)
   at NIOTFReportGenerator.ChildStepResults.ProcessNewStepResults(Hashtable& newThreadSeqCallResults, Boolean usingConserveMemory, ReportFileStream& tempFileStream, String[] reportSnippets, Int64 offsetAdjustment)
   at NIOTFReportGenerator.OTFRptGenerator.GenerateReport(SequenceContext sequenceContext, String inputReportHeader, String inputReportFooter, ReportSection& mainSequenceReportSection, String& errorMessage, Double& errorCode, Boolean& errorOccurred)

-17500; Operation Failed.

Step 'Generate Report' of sequence 'ProcessOTFStepResults' in 'ReportGen_ATML.seq'

I need to really use ATML so that i can filter results aswell.

Surely someone else has had the same problem.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,642 Views)
Can you please post an sample sequence file which can be used to reproduce the issue.

Thank you
Anan Jain
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,637 Views)

So i think i have fixed/avoided the problem.

The problem was that i was filtering the results i was recording to exclude any passes. This meant that a sequence that passed was trying to be recorded but couldnt because i had disabled it. It seems this is a fault from teststand, as it should have just not recorded the sequences result. As for whether the contents of that sequence would be recorded is probably where the problem stems from. 

If someone else could verify this then I will report it as an error. Simply create a sequence file that makes a call to another sequence. Make sure result filtering is enabled to exclude "Passed" results.

To avoid the problem I simply added an extra result type so that i didnt have to exclude passed results.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,635 Views)

Alex, 

I have reproduced this issue and yes, that is a bug in TestStand on-the-fly report generator.

I will report this bug internally and it will be fixed in a future version of TestStand. 

Regards

Anand Jain

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,633 Views)

Ah ok, thanks for your help.

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,619 Views)

Has this bug ever been fixed? I'm using TestStand 2013 and I'm still having the same issue in my sequence.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,452 Views)

awilke_QTC, 

Unfortunately, this issue has not yet been fixed and will still occur in TS 2013. I will bump up the priority of this issue. 

Did you try the workaround described earlier in the post?

Regards

Anand Jain

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,449 Views)

Unfortunately the workaround doesn't work for my needs. I need to have "Passed" results excluded from the report and I must use on-the-fly reporting.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,446 Views)

Hi awilke_QTC,

You can also work around the issue by excluding sequence call steps from the report in addition to passed results, using a filtering expression like this:

Result.Status != "Passed" && Result.TS.StepType != "SequenceCall"

Would this alternative work for your use case?

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,437 Views)

Has this bug been fixed? im encountering it and i need on the fly reporting to solve a memory leak issue 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,750 Views)