NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error behaviour in multi-threaded mode

I'm running TestStand 3.0 in sequential mode. In the middle of my sequence I have a multi-threaded (6 threads) section with the appropriate Waits. My problem is that if an Error occurs while inside the multi-threaded section, then execution bypasses the Waits and I lose all the result data from the other threads.

Is there anything that I can do to get the error thread to force each of the other threads to go through their Wait so that I can get their report data.

Hurst
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,100 Views)

Hi,

Try using the New Execution option instead of New Thread.

Or In the Properties set the step to ignore runtime errors. Then put your own error trapping in

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,093 Views)
I don't think New Execution will fil my requirement, so New Thread will probably have to do.

I was looking at the callbacks and noticed one that perrked my interest, 'SequenceFilePostStepRuntimeError'. Is there any way I could use this to modify the error handling behaviour only when I'm inside the multi threaded section? Anybody know anything about this callbackand how to accomplish this?

Hurst
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,076 Views)

Hi,

There's an example in the TestStand\examples\callbacks folder using this callback.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,063 Views)
Can you move this to a subsequence and put all the waits in your cleanup group? That is usually the place to put things that you want to execute even if there is an error.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,054 Views)