From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error after installing Teststand

On two new Teststand installations, I get this error, and Repairing the TS install doesn't help.

Nothing has been done on these systems other than install and opening the Sequence...

----------------------------------------
Details:

The prototype of member 'SequenceFileCache' in class 'ManagedModelSupport.SequenceFileCache' in assembly 'ManagedModelSupport, Version=19.0.2.49155, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' depends on a type from assembly 'NationalInstruments.TestStand.Interop.API, Version=19.0.0.172, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ad9244eb3b825cd8', but that assembly could not be loaded (NOTE: To force a refresh of the information for this assembly, select the 'File->Unload All Modules' menu item.).
Error Code:

-17500; Operation Failed.
Step 'Create plug-in cache' of sequence 'Initialize Model Plugins' in 'ModelSupport.seq'

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(676 Views)

I know that this is a funny question but have you tried turning it off and on again? I mean after the installation reboot is required (ok, maybe it is not required but it might help). After rebooting, you can try to open the version selector and "activate" your new installation. This part will properly register all dlls in GAC AFAIK.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(623 Views)

@bienieck wrote:

I know that this is a funny question but have you tried turning it off and on again? I mean after the installation reboot is required (ok, maybe it is not required but it might help). After rebooting, you can try to open the version selector and "activate" your new installation. This part will properly register all dlls in GAC AFAIK.

Yup.  Several times.  Something must have gone wrong during the install.  We removed all NI stuffs and then added all the stuffs back and it worked.

Funny enough, that was the very first time a google search turned up empty results for an NI error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(605 Views)