NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error:Windows SDK function returned an error.(Error code -12)

When trying to build an installer in TestStand with run time engine, I get the following error:

***Error:Windows SDK function returned an error.(Error code -12)

***End Error Report

Even if I try to only create an installer for the TestStand run time engine I get the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,942 Views)

monaro,

This problem can happen when installer dependencies cannot be found.  I found several forums that had steps to follow to try to resolve the issue:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=249866&requireLogin=False

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=307243&requireLogin=False

Let us know if after following these steps your issue is not resolved.

Josh W.
Certified TestStand Architect
Formerly blue
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,940 Views)

When I try to create an installer just of the TestStand run time engine , I get the error when I include DAQmx 8.7.

I am using TestStand 4.0.1 and LabVIEW 8.0. Currently I don't know what dependency it is looking for.

What would my best option be? I could create the TestStand run time engine and install it on the target machine.

I could separately install DAQmx 8.7 and the LabVIEW runt ime engine on the target machine. I could then install the

TesStand sequence files and supporting files on the target machine.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,919 Views)

monaro,

To make it as easy as possible to deploy NI software, all software relies on the same framework.  I believe that the newest version of the framework will give us a better error message and allow you to continue working on your deployment.

You can upgrade your framework simply by installing a piece of software that includes it.  Try the LabVIEW 8.6 Run-time Engine.  After you install this, you might get a better error.

Let me know if this doesn't help your situation and I'll see what other troubleshooting steps we can try.

Josh W.
Certified TestStand Architect
Formerly blue
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,911 Views)