NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code: -18351; An error occurred reading an ActiveX Automation server type library.

I'm not sure what happened here.  No TS seq file will run do to this error.  I completely nuked the entire NI SW suite and  reinstalled and I still get the problem.  Could there be a .lib or dll file in a windows directory that got corrupted? 

The entire error is described below.

Error loading type library/DLL.
\
Error Code:  -18351; An error occurred reading an ActiveX Automation server type library

Step 'Read Database Option - Construct' of sequence 'Get Database Options' in 'SequentialModel.Seq'
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,193 Views)

Hi TE-Gregg,

It sounds like TestStand is having some sort of problem accessing the file for that automation server. Here's a couple things to try:

Navigate to Start > National Instruments > TestStand 3.x > TestStand Version Selector. Select the version of TestStand you are trying to use (even if it is the only option) and click Make Active.

If this doesn't fix the problem, we'll have to delve a bit more into the SequentialModel to figure out the problem.
Open the Sequential Model. If the Sequential Model is the current model, just double click on the path in the lower right hand corner of the sequence editor. Otherwise, you can find it at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.x\Components\NI\Models\TestStandModels\SequentialModel.seq.

Once this is open, select the Get Database Options sequence from the View drop down selector.The first step in this sequence seems to be where the problem is originating. Right click on Read Database Option - Construct and select Specify Module from the shortcut menu. This will open the Edit dialog box. Check to make sure the object reference is set to Locals.TsDatabaseOptions.

Next to the Automation Server selection, click the open folder and browse to

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.1\Components\NI\Models\TestStandModels\Database\DBOptions\TSDBOptions.dll

Make sure that Create Object is checked, the Call Method is Contstruct, and you are passing the Engine to it.

What version of TestStand are you running? Does this happen with any sequence file or just one in particular? Also, are you using database logging?

Let me know if these measures don't do the trick.

Thanks Gregg,

Dan Weiland
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Dan Weiland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,173 Views)