NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 7 when Assembling LV VI's (in TestStand )or building Application (in LV)

Hello,
When I try to Assembly VIs in TestStand I receive the message.-error 7 Invoke Node in TestStand-Dist Cmp Setting to Disk Hier.vi->Build Dist for TestStand.vi->TestStand-Packaged VIs for Distribution.vi->TestStand-Call Package VIs for Distribution.vi; and when I try to Build an .exe using the LabView of the same VI, get a similar error (7), and don't have idea how to correct this problem,
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,704 Views)
Hi EngMex,

Error 7 when creating an executable from a VI in LabVIEW is often because the VI is saved in a different version of LabVIEW. Please refer to the following link for information on this problem and a possible solution.

KnowledgeBase 1JUD26U0: Error 7 at Invoke Node When Building a LabVIEW Executable

It seems likely that this would also be the cause of the error in TestStand. I would fix the error in LabVIEW first and then go back to TestStand.

For more information on LabVIEW executables and TestStand please refer to the following link.

KnowledgeB
ase 2UOG2LO6: Do I Need to Compile My LabVIEW VIs called from TestStand into Executables w...

If you are still having problems please post back with more information on the version of LabVIEW, version of TestStand, adapter configuration and anything else you think may be useful.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Sarah Miracle
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,704 Views)
Thanks for your Answer,
Actually what I did to solve this problem was to
"mass compile" my VI Application and then I was able to Assemble it ok in TestStand,

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,704 Views)