From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -17501 flxCVIadp.​dll

I am getting the following error -17501 flxCVIadp.dll problem which is not allowing the cvi adapter to be loaded in test stand. File error attached. I have modified the Dcom settings and permissions per other users recommendations and the problem still exists. I have also reloaded the ni software and rebooted the computer but the problem still exists. I am on a windows 10 machine. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,362 Views)

Hello mark03053:

Did you already check this forum?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,323 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

I did check out the forums and I tried to do what was suggested. I modified the dcom permissions as suggested but the problem still exists. I was hoping there was something else I could try. I do believe it has to do with permissions. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,320 Views)

Hello mdcoco,

this issue seems to appear with certain anti-virus/firewall software where the installation becomes corrupt. Please make sure that all your security software is disabled during the installation of TestStand and add exceptions after installation.

You can perform a force reinstall.

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8U0SAK

Best regards

Andreas Gareis
Senior Applications Engineer, NI
Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,268 Views)