NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -17003: Open LV2014 LLB in TestStand 2014 requires LV Runtime 9.0?

Solved!
Go to solution

Well hello there,

I make a fresh install of TS 2014 SP1 and LV Runtime 2014 SP1 f5. Then I place a LabView Action Step into a new sequence file and try to select a VI inside of a LLB, which was created with LabView 2014 SP1 f5. Then I get an Error:

"LabView version 9.0 is not installed. TestStand cannot locate the specified LabVIEW Run-Time Engine required to browse into a .llb file. Install the specified Run-Time Engine or compile <TestStand Public>\AdapterSupport\LabVIEW\TestStandListDir.llb to the same version as ..."

So it seems that TestStand uses TestStandListDir.llb to show the content of a selected LLB and that this LLB is compiled with LV 9.0! WTF?

- Thomas -
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,264 Views)

Using Teststand 2014 SPI and LabVIEW 2015, I tried using a VI contained in a LLB and I get an error message.

Teststand LLB error.png

When I switched the LabVIEW adapter to use the RTE I get a message saying I couldn't browse in a LLB.

Teststand LLB warning.png

I switched to Teststand 2010 SP1 and LabVIEW 2015, I was able to browse into a LLB and select a VI.

It's seems that TestStand 2014 SP1 has an issue with LLB. I have looked in the known issues but can not see anything listed.

regards

Ray

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,246 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author _Tom_

Hi Thomas,

I have verified that this issue exists in TestStand 2014 SP1, and it has been fixed in TestStand 2016.  The file we include to allow viewing of LLB contents from the TestStand browse dialog, <TestStand Public>\AdapterSupport\LabVIEW\TestStandListDir.llb, was not compiled in the correct LabVIEW version in TestStand 2014 SP1.  There are a couple of ways to work around the issue:

1. Install the LabVIEW 2009 Runtime Engine, which is available here: http://www.ni.com/download/labview-run-time-engine-2009-sp1/1600/en/

2. Using any LabVIEW development environment version above 2009, mass compile <TestStand Public>\AdapterSupport\LabVIEW\TestStandListDir.llb

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,204 Views)

Hello Al,

thanks for confirming this issue, I have found nothing similar in the web by now. Seems like this is a not so common use case.

I will go by recompiling TestStandListDir.llb for LV2014, since I want to avoid uneccessary runtimes being installed. This however, will make my deployment more complicated. Fortunatly I use NSIS installer and so can replace the problematic LLB with my own version after installation.

- Thomas -
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,188 Views)

So here we go again. After 5 years deploying our software with TS2014/LV2014 and a mass compiled version of the TestStandListDir.llb, we finally switched to TS2019/LV2019 only to experience the same issues.

Steps to reproduce:

• install TS2019 SP1 F4
  • install LV Runtime 2019 SP1 F4
  • have a LabVIEW LLB created with LabVIEW 2019 SP1 F4
  • TestStand's LV Adapter is set to LV Runtime Engine
  • Take an empty TestStand sequence file and place an action step
  • try to select a VI inside the LLB

Teststand LLB warning.png

After I mass compile TestStandListDir.llb it works. 🙄😤

- Thomas -
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5