NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -17001 source 'TSAPI' when reopening saved sequence-file with custom step type

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to test a custom StepType that has an .Net-Edit and a C/C++ DLL-Post-Step Substep, in a simple sequence file. The sequence-file contains a single call of the custom StepType. However, when I save and reopen the sequence file I get the following error:

2018-07-31_10h19_07.png

The StepType is saved in a TypePalette file, as well as in the sequence file and is not changed between saving and re-opening.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,982 Views)

Hi bleiber,

Did you manage to solve your problem? I was checking for similar type of issues reported here via forum and found this post summarizing pretty much suggestions you would be able to find in other threads.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Move-step-then-i-got-this-quot-Error-Code-17001-quot/td-p/1722...

Take care,

Tomek

Best Regards,
TK
Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,953 Views)

Hi Tomek,

thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, the problem still persists. I haven't installed LabVIEW or LabWindows/CVI so I would exclude this error cause.

Also, when I try to copy the step into another sequence the same error pops up:

grafik.png 

However I noticed, that the error only occurs after having executed the Edit-substep. This substep invokes a .NET-call which adds containers and variables to the step context. Are there any special things to consider, when doing this?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,940 Views)

Update: I also noticed that when I delete the variables (framed red) added by the Edit-substep I am able to copy the step and can re-open the sequence file:

2018-08-07_12h18_57.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,936 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bleiber

I solved the issue by changing the type of the expression-strings from Expression (String) to String.

Now I can copy the step and re-open a sequence file containing it-

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,932 Views)

Hi bleiber,

is everything working now or did you encounter any other issues?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,919 Views)