NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End step with boolean

I have a RT model running on a cRIO connected to a control unit. I would like to have it running in the background and for each test send different parameters to the model without reinitialize it, analyse the signals and pass/fail it depending on the result. I have a vi that can send parameters to the model, it is included in a project.

Each test is going to take a different set of time and I therefore need to be able to indicate when the test is done, set pass or fail and move to next step. Is there a way to this with say a Boolean?

I have Labview 8.6 and teststand 4.1

/RR 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,958 Views)
Hello RR,

We should be able to use the Status Expression to manually set whether our step passed or failed (setting the Step.Result.Response value).  We can also use the Post Action of the current step to manually direct where the sequence goes after completion of this step.  This will also be based on an custom expression we can write.

Hopefully the above will help with your situation.  If not, could you provide some more information so that we can try to provide the complete solution?

John B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,913 Views)

I want to use teststand on my cRIO application. I have a SIT compiled matlab program running on my cRIO and I want to be able to start my model, send parameters to it via teststand, take measurments, analize the signals in a vi and display the result in teststand.

It takes to long to reinitialize the RIO between every test so I don't want to close the loops when the test is finished, I want to have it running in the back.

Is there a way to do this?

/RR

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,870 Views)

RR,

When are these loops occurring? Do you mean a loop within a single sequence or do you mean each time you run a UUT? Both could probably be solved by making sure the VIs are not resetting the device each time you run, but the first VI you call checks to see if its initialized, and then only initializes the VI when it needs to be.  

If you are in a situation when you want to make sure the main VI is running on the RIO system during the execution of one sequence you can run this VI in a separate thread. This is done by creating a new subsequence, calling that subsequence with a Sequence Call step, and make sure the Execution Option is set to 'Use New Thread.' This will allow a VI to run in that sequence independent of the Main Sequence (so it would stay open for all of Main Sequence, regardless of any looping).

John B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,779 Views)