cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ENUMs causing me some confusion

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi folks,

I've been battling with this issue for the last few days on and off, I really have no idea why it's happening, especially considering that the vi in question has been used before without causing me issues.

I made a deployment using the Deployment Utility using a Workspace File, I install from the Installer and when I run my sequence I get the following error, or a variation of it . . . (excuse the poor picture)

ENUM_Missmatch.JPG

So RigolIO is a Container Type Def

RigolIO.jpg

containing a String, Number, Number and an Enum called Rigol_IO_In_Out_Type

RigolIO_In_Out.jpg

The vi in question, has the following Type Defined Cluster:

LV_RigolIO.jpg

containing the following Type Defined ENUM  called In/Out Type

LV_RigolIO_In_Out.jpg

Everything looks OK to me,  when I run my sequence in the development environment it all works without error, I've previously used this vi with another Sequence and Deployed it without issues . . . now all of a sudden I can't get it to work.

I've tried creating a small Sequence which is a small part of my original sequence,  I recreated the Container and ENUM,made a new Workspace file and deployment, after installing again and running the sequence I get a similar error, it just complains about a different value this time.

Any ideas ?  Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,823 Views)

Sorry,  should have mentioned the following:

TestStand 2016  LabVIEW 2015

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,803 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RaptorUK

It's looking like I might have a corrupt vi,  I've created a new vi using the same EMUM and cluster, then created a new sequence and workspace file and installer and that works.  

I'm recreating the suspect vi now and will build it into my original main sequence and build the installer and test again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,788 Views)