From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers in Testand are missing windows API dlls under windows 10

We have Custom built a Testand UI using Visual Studio 2010

Works on XP, testand 2013 Fine

After compiling this UI in windows 10, Visual Studio 2017, some drivers gives Error:

"Could not load dll or external library

dsll could not be found"

see below..

The drivers work Fine if we are working directly from the testand sequence editor..so the problem is likely connected to a Testand API issue/visual studio? Maybe a Visual Studio property definition?

Does anyone have a similar problem?

Thank you

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24
(6,709 Views)

Hi Olgab,

This seems to be an issue with how the Windows Upgrade Assistant manages files. I've linked an article below about how to resolve this, basically you just need to copy a DLL and paste it into a different folder.

Fix the api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll is missing error
https://www.ghacks.net/2018/01/03/fix-the-api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1-dll-is-missing-error/

NickelsAndDimes
Product Support Engineer - sbRIO
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 24
(6,673 Views)

Hi and thank you for the reply.

However, I did not upgrade to windows 10. It was installed directly to windows10 (from a new PC)

So I cannot use the solution your suggested.

Thank you and I will be happy to receive other solutions?

Olga

however,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24
(6,662 Views)

The name of the missing DLLs (api-ms-win) indicates that this is a missing Microsoft Windows dependency rather than a Teststand API issue. I would make sure you've ran Windows Update recently, and have the proper Visual C++ runtime installed. 

Best Fix to api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing System Error
https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0-dll-missing-error-solved/

NickelsAndDimes
Product Support Engineer - sbRIO
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24
(6,654 Views)

Thanks for the effort.

But it still dosn't work 😞

I will try investigate this issue further

Olga 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24
(6,628 Views)

Have you found a solution for this issue?

I am having same problem. My machine is Windows 10 (no upgrades). What I've noticed is the error comes up after switching between TestStand 2016 and TestStand 2017.

Thanks,

Alex K

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(6,436 Views)

Hi Alex

Unfortunately I don't found straight solution for this problem...

I was replaced manufacture's drivers that caused the problem with drivers that I was created by myself in DotNet....

This is not perfect solution

Olga

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24
(6,415 Views)

The issue is with a dll file named as api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll. The file is missing from your system, that's why you're facing this issue.

However, thankfully, there are several guides over the web that might help you out. You can read the guide written by ValidEdge (a former company owned by Macfee) to fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll issue.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(6,134 Views)

I m facing problem with windows update but ur solution is not working for me can us suggest another way. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24
(5,880 Views)

Hi Jackwat,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you give a little bit more context to your problem?

1) Did you update from Windows 7 to Windows 10?

2) Are you getting any error code or crash error message?

3) What version of TestStand and what versions are your drivers?

Thanks, hopefully this can give more insight onto your situation and what you are experiencing.

Keddy C.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24
(5,864 Views)