NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does specifying default module for a custom step tightly binds the VI path in Steps.TS.SData?

I have a scenario where the existing custom step with default module configured and needs an update. 

Ajayvignesh_MV_0-1593108790095.png

There were old test sequences which used this custom steps. 

However, when I updated the path of this custom step under default module, I get the error in old test sequences that Step.TS.SData.ViCall.VIPath refers to old path and hence the file not found.

Ajayvignesh_MV_1-1593109180307.png

I have also updated the old sequence with latest INI file and latest custom step version, which I can confirm in the Types window.

Ajayvignesh_MV_0-1593109730920.png

Thanks,

AJ

--
Ajay MV

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,168 Views)

What selections are checked under Configure/Search Directories? Do you have "Search SubDirectories" checked box enabled?

Each PC running identical TS version may have different Search Directories enabled.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,100 Views)

Search directory includes the public components and it's sub-directory where the same packed library and VI is located.  

Ajayvignesh_MV_1-1593524121825.png

Now, I'm in a conclusion that default module is tightly binding the steps with VIpath.  Later even though if I change the path of default module, the existing steps will not change the old paths.

--

Thanks

AJ

--
Ajay MV

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,088 Views)

So it sound like you have to go into the original or old TS code and touch every line where the old Type is used and replace it.

I remember doing similar for file path to execute Labview. I don't have a suggestion/solution but I went in and put back the root file path back to the original path. Just painful if the path is changed.

Message 4 of 5
(2,084 Views)

Exactly that's what I'm doing.  Since this property is not visible in editor, I use a statement before each step to update the next step property as below.

RunState.NextStep.TS.SData.ViCall.VIPath = "myNewPath"

Ajayvignesh_MV_0-1593526444015.png

--
Ajay MV

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,081 Views)