From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does specifying default module for a custom step tightly binds the VI path in Steps.TS.SData?

I have a scenario where the existing custom step with default module configured and needs an update. 

Ajayvignesh_MV_0-1593108790095.png

There were old test sequences which used this custom steps. 

However, when I updated the path of this custom step under default module, I get the error in old test sequences that Step.TS.SData.ViCall.VIPath refers to old path and hence the file not found.

Ajayvignesh_MV_1-1593109180307.png

I have also updated the old sequence with latest INI file and latest custom step version, which I can confirm in the Types window.

Ajayvignesh_MV_0-1593109730920.png

Thanks,

AJ

--
Ajay MV

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,159 Views)

What selections are checked under Configure/Search Directories? Do you have "Search SubDirectories" checked box enabled?

Each PC running identical TS version may have different Search Directories enabled.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,091 Views)

Search directory includes the public components and it's sub-directory where the same packed library and VI is located.  

Ajayvignesh_MV_1-1593524121825.png

Now, I'm in a conclusion that default module is tightly binding the steps with VIpath.  Later even though if I change the path of default module, the existing steps will not change the old paths.

--

Thanks

AJ

--
Ajay MV

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,079 Views)

So it sound like you have to go into the original or old TS code and touch every line where the old Type is used and replace it.

I remember doing similar for file path to execute Labview. I don't have a suggestion/solution but I went in and put back the root file path back to the original path. Just painful if the path is changed.

Message 4 of 5
(2,075 Views)

Exactly that's what I'm doing.  Since this property is not visible in editor, I use a statement before each step to update the next step property as below.

RunState.NextStep.TS.SData.ViCall.VIPath = "myNewPath"

Ajayvignesh_MV_0-1593526444015.png

--
Ajay MV

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,072 Views)