NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does OnTheFly Step Result in Model Plugin handle crashes?

Hi Stand users.

I got an old legacy system that never went from moving its DB logging, and report generation, from the Model Sequence files, and I am now tasked with doing it. One praticular change between the two ways is OnTheFly.

The old files used the "SequenceFilePostResultListEntry" and "ProcessModelPostResultListEntry" callbacks, in the Model files, to take each step and send them to our .net module which handles the logging.

The Model Plugin meanwhile got the callback "Model Plugin - OnTheFly Step Results", which got a whole list in it.

So I would just like to know how the whole thing works before I go down this path. What I am most interested in is:

1. Will "Model Plugin - OnTheFly Step Results" always be executed when it can? Like say that the program crashes horribly, will it still execute the "Model Plugin - OnTheFly Step Results"

2. Will the result list always be sent to the "Model Plugin - OnTheFly Step Results" and contain all of the steps, whetever they were executed or caused the crash.

3. Is there a better way to log each step result after each step that isn't the "Model Plugin - OnTheFly Step Results"? Say that there is a black out on the test site, during the test, then the already executed steps won't be able to be saved, as TestStand hasn't called the "Model Plugin - OnTheFly Step Results" yet. I am right now just sitting with a 4 step Sequence File, so my expertise aint the greatest here, but the result list always contains 4 results when "Model Plugin - OnTheFly Step Results" is called during my testruns. So I am just thinking that if a file would have, say 30 steps, and some loops, then that data would be lost if there is a blackout and if the last step has not been executed.

-Jopexa

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(601 Views)

Hi jopexa

According to articles given by NI there is a few information about Model Plugin - OnTheFly Step Results. I guess you try to test it in your side by following those articles information. I have attached links those articles below. 

Model Plugin - OnTheFly Step Results - NI

On-the-Fly Report Generation - NI

Regards)

________

Best way to thank is to give Kudos / Mark as a solution. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(379 Views)