From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DisplayFileDialog

Hi Forum,

I am using TS3.5 to show a File Dialog (using the Engine.DisplayFileDialog method). The problem I am having is that I do not want the Help button to be shown in the dialog. This is part of the win32Flags parameter passed to the TS API ActivexCall to which I am passing the default value 0x1004 (4100 dec) so I do not understand why the Help button still appears when there is a constant WinFileDlg_SHOWHELP–(Value: 0x10) which I am not using intended to do this.

Is there a way to hide this Help button??? Or... is there a way to change the default help file/page that is opened when the user clicks on the 'Help' button (That'd be much better)??

Thanks,
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,166 Views)
Forgot the images...
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,163 Views)
Hi,

Actually that particular value has no affect on the dialog and the help has been updated in TestStand 4.0 to reflect this:

WinFileDlg_SHOWHELP–(Value: 0x10) This flag has no affect and should not be used. The Help button is always visible.

Unfortunately, there is no way to link the Help button to another source but that's sounds like worthy product feedback. Your best option would be to create a custom file dialog that fits your needs.  If you have LabWindows/CVI, the FileSelectPopup may be a good start.

Have a great day,

Ecleamus R.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,129 Views)