cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display TestStand report in modular VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Justin,

Thanks again. I've checked how I am calling the report VI and as you say, I am passing RunState.Execution.

I have attached the sequence and VI that I am using. As far as I understand, they operate the same way as the example that you have provided, but the report text is not displayed.

I have also attached images of the report options settings.

Can you see where I am going wrong?

Thanks for your help with this,

Cam.

Download All
Message 11 of 15
(1,216 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cam_Roots

Hi Cam,

I took a look at the code you provided and it looks like it is set up like it should be.  I was able to run it and see the report using Labview 2011 and Teststand 2010 SP1  The one caveat is that you must use the On-The-Fly Reporting option in Teststand so that the report will be updated during execution of the sequence.  If you are not using OTF, then Teststand will not update the report until the end of the execution.  Please be aware of the additional overhead when using OTF described in these 2 articles:

On-The-Fly Reporting and Logging in TestStand

Best Practices for NI TestStand Report Generation and Customization

Justin D
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support/
Message 12 of 15
(1,212 Views)

Thanks Justin! That solved it.

I have another question regarding report generation.

The sequence I am working with calls many subsequences which perform Pass/Fail and Numeric Limit tests.

When the report is generated, each subsequence call adds a tiered level to the report. This information is superfluous, which ends up 'cluttering' the report. Is there a way to only record the Pass/Fail and Numeric Limit test results?

Thanks again Justin.

Cam.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,206 Views)

Hi Cam,

Yes there is.  Take a look at the Result Filtering Expression in the Report Options Dialog Box.  Using this option, you can design an expression which will only include results from those 2 step types in the result.

Justin D
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support/
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,201 Views)

Thanks Justin, I will have a look into it.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,186 Views)