cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display TestStand report in modular VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a VI (LabVIEW 2011) that is called from TestStand (2010). The purpose of this VI will be to display the test results at the completion of a test sequence. The VI shall contain a button that the user can press to close and continue.

My question is, what is the best method for passing the test results from TestStand to the VI? My best guess is I pass an 'ExecutionView Manager' reference to the VI, then connect the ReportView to this using an IExecutionViewMgr block. However, I could be way off here, as I am not sure how to pass an 'ExecutionView Manager' from TestStand.

I'm guessing the approach will be to create this VI in a sequence that overrides the TestReport callback.

I have attached an image of my initial attempt.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Cam.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,735 Views)

Cam,

why not simply display the report? When configured correctly, the report should look exactly as required and you have the results also available in the future (as file).

just my 2 cents,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,729 Views)

Hi Norbert,

Thanks for your suggestion. This is a valid option, which I will use if I am unable to create a VI that displays the report. The motivation in having the report in a VI is that the sequence can wait while the operator views the report, then continues once they have acknowledged they have viewed the results.

Are you aware of whether what I am trying to do is possible? Can I pass a reference of the 'ExecutionViewMgr' from TestStand into a labview VI?

Many thanks,

Cam.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,696 Views)

Hi Cam,

I wrote up a little example which displays the report using a reference to the Execution which is passed into the VI.  Hopefully it should help you out.

Displaying a TestStand Report on the Front Panel of a VI Called With a LabVIEW Step

Justin D
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support/
Message 4 of 15
(3,680 Views)

Hi Justin,

I'm sure this is exactly what I am after! When attempting to view the example, the VI file fails to load for me (I have attached an image of the error box). I am using LabVIEW 2011 and have checked the file on two computers. Would you be able to check the file?

Many thanks,

Cam.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,672 Views)

Hi Cam,

Here is a version of the VI saved in 2011.  Hopefully you should be able to open this version.  If you are still having issues, you may need to repair your Teststand installation to fix the Labview integration support.

Justin D
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 6 of 15
(3,637 Views)

Hi Justin,

Thanks again for taking the time to upload the file. Unfortunately I'm experiencing the same problem. Would it be possible to upload an image of the block diagram? That should provide sufficient information for me to understand what is happening.

Many thanks,

Cam.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,630 Views)

Hi Cam,

Here you go, hopefully this will help you out:

ShowReportInVI.png

Justin D
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,627 Views)

Hi Justin,

Thanks for this. I now have a good understanding of what is happening. When I run the sequence and VI, the report view does not appear to update. Do I need to place the VI in a certain callback for the report to be displayed? Or is there a TestStand configuration I need to make for the report to updated?

Cheers,

Cam.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,623 Views)

Hi Cam,

You should only need to pass a reference to the Teststand Execution into the Labview VI from Teststand.  You will need to do this by configuring the Labview module settings to pass the RunState.Execution object from Teststand as shown below.  This reference is what the VI uses to obtain the report for the current execution.

ts_temp.PNG

Justin D
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,608 Views)