From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Step.Result.ReportText direct in the LabView OI after using "Run selected Steps"

I took the  (full-featured) LabView OI and modified it to my needs.

Now the problem:

I only have sequences with LabView Action Steps. Those Steps (VIs) all have a Cluster Output "Test Data"
Now i would like to display one element of that Output Cluster (Step.Result.ReportText) direct on the OI after using "run selected steps"

It would be ok, when the Result would display after every step (also in UUT/Single Pass) but most important, after Run Selected Steps.

How can i connect the Output of the step with an element on the LabView OI?

(sorry for my bad english)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,095 Views)

You need to use UI Messages: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4532/en/

Because you are using run selected step you would need to post the UIMessage in either SequenceFilePostStep callback or a Post Expression of the step.  Since it's the same for each I'd do it in the SequenceFilePostStep callback.

Let me know if you need more direction.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 2 of 4
(4,071 Views)

@RNiklaus wrote:

I took the  (full-featured) LabView OI and modified it to my needs.

Now the problem:

I only have sequences with LabView Action Steps. Those Steps (VIs) all have a Cluster Output "Test Data"
Now i would like to display one element of that Output Cluster (Step.Result.ReportText) direct on the OI after using "run selected steps"

It would be ok, when the Result would display after every step (also in UUT/Single Pass) but most important, after Run Selected Steps.

How can i connect the Output of the step with an element on the LabView OI?

(sorry for my bad english)

Is the "Run Selected Steps Using Single Pass" feature not sufficient for your use case? That feature will run the selected steps along with result processing to generate a report for those steps.

-Doug

Message 3 of 4
(4,058 Views)

thanks to you both, i will check your possibilities for the best solution... i think both should work

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,032 Views)