NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Results on Fail

Hi,

I have a Top Level Sequence that runs several Sub Sequences (all the tests are not the same type (pass/fail, numeric, multiple numeric... etc). I want the test Sub Sequences to stop if they fail and display the whole result to the user (including the pass fail criteria (hi/lo limits etc)).

If this is not possible in TS then am happy for it to be in labview or a txt file.

I have attached an example code

Chris

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,977 Views)

Hi beam7,

You can use the Sequence Properties to make the Subsequence stop on a step failure. To do this, select the subsequence and go to Edit>>Sequence Properties, then change the On Step Failure setting to Goto Cleanup.

By default, the TestStand report will display all the results of the subsequences steps in the report regardless of whether they pass or fail. Are you looking for something beyond what the built-in TestStand reports provide?

Steven Gloor
Staff Customer Engineer - CTA, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,955 Views)

Hi

Maybe this thread will help.

in the attached example there is solution how to report a subsequence and repeat it if neccessary

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Stopping-Sequence-From-Failing/m-p/3334383

Regards

juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,951 Views)

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies but I have been shown how to use sequence context and property nodes in labview to recall the results and display them to the user.

Thanks again

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,908 Views)