NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable sequence analyzer in teststand

Hi all,

Is there a way to disable the "sequence analyzer" programmatically in teststand before execution of client sequence?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,516 Views)

you can click on the sequence analyzer options icon, then uncheck analyze file before executing.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,285 Views)

Thanks for your suggestion.

But actually I wanted to disable the sequence analyser programmatically using TS APIs or some other best method.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,264 Views)

I am fighting with the same problem.

Is there a way to do this by Teststand API?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,050 Views)

Hello,

Why are you trying to disable the sequence analyzer programatically? You can have the analyzer disabled and simply manually analyze by clicking the analyze option. 

Best,

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,035 Views)

I have custom User Interface instead of TS interface.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,027 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for the information. My colleague who had worked on a similar issue informed me of the following information. I hope it helps!

The programmatic way to disable the sequence analyzer is through the XML file that corresponds to your UI. There is no way to do this through the API, so it will need to be done through a code module. The SeqEdit.xml can be modified programmatically to disable the sequence analyzer before the sequence editor initializes as shown below:

<AnalyzeSeqFileBeforeExecutingOption classname='Bool'> 
<value>false</value> 
</AnalyzeSeqFileBeforeExecutingOption>

Note that the file is located in a user-specific file which means that it will change if another user logs in to the machine

C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Local\National Instruments\TestStand 2017\SeqEdit.xml

Best,

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,013 Views)