NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable all the step type at one shot

Requirement 1 - Is there any parameter in Teststand ,where I can disable all the step type not to log the result at one shot .

Requirement 2 - I need to log the result only when the step type fail.

Please let me know for the above 2 how to perform .

Regards,

Prithviraj

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,740 Views)

You can perform both with a customized PostResultListEntry callback.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,735 Views)

Hi Prithviraj,

You could use the Sequence File Callback "SequenceFilePostResultListEntry" and check for the step type you want to exclude, using the following statement:

Parameters.DiscardResult = (Parameters.Step.StepType.Name == "YourStepTypeToExclude")

I hope this helps,

Charlie Rodway | Principal Software Engineer | Certified TestStand Architect (CTA)

Computer Controlled Solutions Ltd | NI Silver Alliance Partner | GDevCon#1 Sponsor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,732 Views)

Hi Prithviraj,

You can filter the steps so only fails are logged by using the following expression:

Parameters.DiscardResult = (Parameters.Step.StepType.Name == "YourStepTypeToExclude") || (Parameters.Step.Result.Status != "Failed")

Regards,

Charlie Rodway | Principal Software Engineer | Certified TestStand Architect (CTA)

Computer Controlled Solutions Ltd | NI Silver Alliance Partner | GDevCon#1 Sponsor

Message 4 of 5
(2,718 Views)

Hi Prithviraj

First Requirement can be implemented by Edit-Sequence Properties-Disable Result Recording for all steps

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,693 Views)