From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differentiate the active Sequence in the Edit Substep

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everybody,

i created a custom step type with an edit Substep. The Substep calls a GUI and load an ini-file. Once the file is loaded the GUI doesn´t load it again.
 For one sequence this is working fine, but if i have two sequence files open and want to work in the two different files i have to change the ini file manually everytime i change the sequence.

So my question is, is it possible to pass the name of the active Sequence file into this edit substep, so i can differentiate which sequence file calls the GUI at the moment? The Problem is that most of the variables, which consists the name or the path, are empty until you run the sequence.

Im using TestStand 2019 64-Bit and the GUI is written in VB.net.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,921 Views)

RunState.InitialSelection.SelectedFile

Make your input to the GUI a sequence file reference.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,872 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MOBA-User

To make it even easier you could make the input to the GUI a string and pass RunState.InitialSelection.SelectedFile.Path.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
Message 3 of 4
(1,871 Views)

Thanks for your help jigg.

I tried this before and it didn´t work, but it seems that my code doesn´t work correct at this time.  Also it was a little bit confusing, if you hover over this expression in the expression browser window, you get shown that the path is empty:

Empty_path.png

But now everything works fine, thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,859 Views)