From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences between Sequence Editor licence and Debug Deployment Environment

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

We are preparing automated test system in a production department. Test engineer will be developing test sequnces with TestStand Development system licence. Test sequences will be deployed on computers with TestStand Base deployment licences. Additionaly we need one computer on which another test engineer would have the ability to make some corrections in the sequence files. I found that two licences have that ability - Sequence Editor licence and Debug Deployment Environment licence. But I cannot decide which to choose. What is the main diffrences of these licences? What features the first have that other doesnt have?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,267 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Elgsis

Hello Saulius-Elgsis                        

with the TestStand Debug Deployment Environment License you can install the development systems for LabVIEW, TestStand or CVI. The development systems can be used for debugging the testsystem and identify some error on it and correct this. The debug license should not be used for new developments.

The TestStand Custom Sequence Editor License is needed, if you want to build your own seqence editor with a similar functionality, like the delivered from NI, or if you want to use the Full-Feature user interface example in editor mode.

So in your case, i think the debug license will be the right one.

best regards
Alexander
Message 2 of 4
(3,250 Views)

Thanks for the reply. But with both licenses I am able to deploy and run sequences, do changes to sequence files and save them, run full-featured user interface. Can anyone give me more detailed comparison of these licenses?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,239 Views)

Hello Saulius-Elgsis,

like i explained with the serial of the debug license you can activate and use LabVIEW, TestStand and CVI with the custom sequence editor license not. When using the custom sequencer license, you can edit in your custom sequencer something, but you need the licenses for the development systems. The custom sequencer license could be from interest, if you only use Teststand without any other NI development enviroments and you want to edit something.

From legal side, with the debug license you should not develop sequences, this license is for debugging, so using the full-featured UI in editor mode is not correct,when you want to develop something.

TestStand Licensing for Deployment

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,235 Views)