NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diff sequence file API

Hi Ppl,

Are the API's for using the "Diff Sequence File With" tool exposed ? I mean the tool thats available in the Sequence Editor ->Edit->Diff Sequence File With

I want to use this tool programmatically. I searched the TestStandAPIReferencePoster. I couldn't locate any such method. 

This tool is not available with the custom sequence editor license. So If I want to have this functionality in a custom sequence editor is there any work around ?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,672 Views)

The diff APIs are exposed, but not documented or supported. They are also subject to change.

However, you should be able to redistribute C:\Program Files\National Instruments\<TestStand>\Bin\SequenceFileDiffer.exe

I believe it works with a custom editor license.

Message 2 of 5
(3,642 Views)

Hi James,

If I want to embed this sequence file difference tool as a part of my custom sequence editor, how can i do it ? Are there any Activex controls for this ? Or should I launch it only through the exe that you have pointed out.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,608 Views)
There are no ActiveX controls for this. Your only options are to launch the .exe, perhaps from a tools menu item or a custom button, or to write your own differ, which is probably not worth the effort just to control what window it appears in.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,600 Views)

Hi All,

I have a requirement to compare two sequence files programmatically and find what are the steps that have been changed. Please let me know if the Diff Sequence File utility APIs are exposed by NI in the recent versions of TestStand.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,020 Views)