NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment utility gives file not found warning, but build completes succesfully.

When running the deployment utility, I am able to analyze source files successfully; no problems there.  When I go to build, all appears to go well until I click the popup that has the message: "The build is finished."  After closing the popup, I get the following warning:

"Warning: This problem will cause an error when building a deployable image or an installer. The following file(s) were not found:"

It's followed by a list of dozens of files.  However, I verified that all files are included in the search directories.

I installed the deployment as-is and it seems to run ok; it finds the files it's supposed to.  However, I'm going to have a hard time selling this procedure off to QA if the deployment shows a 'file not found' message.

My question is: why do I get the 'file not found' warning during the deployment build process, yet the 'analyze source file' step finishes ok and the deployed files work ok?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,569 Views)

Hi Jojo_in_tx,

I would suggest looking at the way you are specifying the paths to these files.  are you using relative or absolute paths?  Is it possible to try to move these files to a different directory (perhaps a directory with working files), and see if you still get the behavior?  Also, are all the files not being found in the same directory?

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,547 Views)

These files are all relative and are part of the workspace.  I did find a

workaround to the problem.

In the search directories selection box, the top-level entry is "Current

sequence file" with subdir search enabled.  The next entry is the workspace

directory with subdir search enabled; all files are in subdirs of the

workspace directory.  The remaining entries are unchecked or not