From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment license with development code

Hi Everyone,

I have teststand development code running on a PC with a development license.

I bought a deployment license and want to deactivate developer's license so as to use deployment license.

Can I continue to run my development code on this PC with deployment license or do I need to create an installer first then activate deployment license?

Thanks,

tstand

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,174 Views)

You can run your code with the engine with just the deployment license.  However, you cannot step into it (well, i guess if you have a LabVIEW license still you could).  There are certain API functions that won't work with the deployment license and you cannot use the sequence editor without a development license.  Most of the API calls have to do with editing and saving a disk copy of a sequence file.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,167 Views)

Hi ~jiggawax~

You broght an interesting point as I will have to keep labview license active, otherwise my developement code will not run (LV license inactive).

So I guess the best option is to create a TS installer, then switch to deployment license, to keep the system in full compliace.

Thanks again for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,161 Views)