NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment error:Error Code:-17500, Unknown System Error in TestStand - Read Seq Files in Workspace.vi->

Help!

When trying to deploy a test system i got the following error:

Error Code:-17500
Unknown System Error in TestStand - Read Seq Files in Workspace.vi->TestStand - Find Dependent Files.vi->TestStand - Add File and Dependent Files.vi->TestStand - Add All TestStand User Files to File Info Array.vi->TestStand - Update File Info.vi->TestStand - Distribution Wizard GUI.vi->TestStand - Deployment Utility Splash Screen.vi

I then tried to re-deploy previously successfully deployed systems - same error. (I have done nothing to my teststand setup/installation/engine or deployment files since the last successful deployment)

I removed teststand & then re-installed it - i still got the same error. These files it is searching for do not exist on my pc.

Any ideas what has gone wrong/how to fix it?

cheers
Fi

Message 1 of 7
(4,062 Views)

Hi Fi,

What version of TestStand are you using? Do you experience this behavior if you try and deploy a very simple application, just your application, or even our example programs? Also, what version of LabVIEW do you have on your system? Thanks

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 7
(4,039 Views)

Hi Jonathon,

Thanks for the reply

I tried to deploy Call_sequence_dynamically.seq from my NI example directory as you suggested and again got the same error.

I am using Teststand 3.1.0 & Labview 7.1.

The error message occurs when i try to analyse the source files (distributed files tab) as well as when i try to build

Thanks

Fi

Message 3 of 7
(4,031 Views)

Fi,

That error code is extremely general but is usually associated with corrupt files. I would recommend removing both LabVIEW and TestStand off your system. I tested that example you used and had no problem. Try this and let me know what happens.

Best Regards,

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
Message 4 of 7
(4,025 Views)

Hi Jonathon,

I removed both labview & Teststand from my system & then re-installed & still got the same error

In the end I managed to get another pc off IS department & have moved LV & TS on to that - there is no problem deploying now - which is great,  though it would still be nice to know exactly where the corrupt file was hiding!

Thankyou for your help 🐵

Fi

Message 5 of 7
(3,996 Views)

I have seen a similar problem when using Perforce as Source Code Control.  I disabled Source Code Control on my machine temporarily, and was able to analyze the files properly.

Are you using Source Code Control?  Does disabling it in TestStand help solve the situation?

We will be looking further into the situation, but I am interested if I have run into the same problem you have.

Allen P.

NI

Message 6 of 7
(3,935 Views)
I've just had exactly the same problem and after posting a message, have been forwarded to this thread. Luckily it looks as though we've found a solution, or a cause of the problem. One of my work colleagues (SercoSteve on discussion forums) suggested removing the Teststand 3.1\cfg directory, and replacing it with a default one from another machine, and this seems to have done the trick and made the deployment wizard be able to analyse the files and build. We are editing files in cfg so I've now got the task of replacing each file in this directory one by one to find which is causing the problem.

I'll add another post when I find out which one it is.
David Clark
CLA | CTA
IDEX Biometrics UK Ltd
Hampshire, England
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,833 Views)