From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment Utility not including Distributed Files

Releatively new to building TestStand deployments using the Deployment Utility and I am encountering an issue when I try and install my deployment. More spcifically the image doesn't include some of the files necessary that are used by the TestStand sequence. They're listed under the Distributed Files tab as well as in the TSDU Status Log but they don't showup as a part of the image.

The files in question should be located in:

C:\Users\jmeyer\Documents\TestStand Deployment\Image\target\Process\LabVIEW 2015\instr.lib folder. However only the drivers for the PPH-1503 are included. The National Instruments USB-5680 files are missing. Any help as to why these are not being included would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,242 Views)

Have you done a Ctrl+F search for the files in the image directory?  Just in case they are in a spot you weren't expecting for some reason?  I did notice at some point in your status logs that you got a 19209 warning which notifies you that destinations were changed to prevent conflicts.  I think that's only going to affect the installer but perhaps it isn't.  

If you can't find it anywhere in the image folder, I'd make sure that your configuration settings aren't set to ignore the files for some reason.  Under the Distributed Files tab, there is a button "LabVIEW Options" that allows you to configure exclusions.  I'd check that also.

Highest Regards,

Paul
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,207 Views)

Searching through the image folder only finds the labVIEW Library but not the public folder that includes the individual VIs that are being called by the sequence. A quick look through the Status log shows that only the USB-5680.lvlib is being included as a source file and not the VIs like is the case with the PPH-1503. Searching through the distributed files tab none of them should be set to skipped and all options are the same for both the VIs that are included in the build and the ones that are omitted. 

I created a quick sandbox sequence and deployment that uses the VIs drivers for both the power supply and power meter required and I get the same results. All the VIs called within the sequence for the power supply are included but none of the power meter ones are included.

Attached is the workspace as well as the created Deployment and the build log file. The drivers folder included in the .zip are normally located within the LabVIEW 2015/inst.lib folder.

Thank you for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,201 Views)

Was able to complete the build by deleting any other version of the drivers besides one being called from the inst.lib folder then mass compilings the Vis and updating all VI calls in the sequence.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,189 Views)

Hi Jmeye,

I was able to reproduce the issue It looks like the problem is that there are some bad VI linkages in the "National Instruments USB-5680" driver you provided, which was causing the deployment utility to fail to find these VIs.  If I open the library directly in LabVIEW, the VIs are not linked correctly in the library:

2016-11-16_142605.png

TestStand 2014 deployment utility did not correctly report this error, but this issue has been fixed in TestStand 2016.

I was able to resolve the issue by mass compiling the "National Instruments USB-5680" driver, which it sounds like you have already done.  The mass compile fixes the incorrect links in the driver VIs.

Where did you obtain these driver files? I'd liek to follow up with the driver team to see if this is a known issue on their end.  Thanks!

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,071 Views)