NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying Dependent DLL

I'm trying to create a TestStand installation using the TestStand Deployment Utility.

The problem I have is that some of my VIs that are used by my TestStand sequences are dependent on a DLL.

This DLL is copied to a "Deployment\TPS\Image\target\data" directory but the copied DLL is also dependent on another DLL that does not get copied to the directory.

Therefore during the build process I get a "broken VI" error during VI processing because the dependent DLL can not be loaded due to the 2nd DLL not being in the "Deployment\TPS\Image\target\data" directory.

I've specified that the 2nd DLL is included in the build but it doesn't get copied to the "Deployment\TPS\Image\target\data" directory.

How do I get the deployment utility to copy the 2nd DLL to the "Deployment\TPS\Image\target\data" directory?

Regards

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,662 Views)

Hi Steve,

I have done some research into this for you and believe that this Knowledgebase will be of some assistance - it documents the fundamentals of deploying a Teststand system. This forum post also give some information on deploying DLLs within Teststand.

Let me know if this helps,

Mike

Mike W
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK&Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,641 Views)