NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy a sequence with a VI call in a packed project library

I am experience an issue and I will post some example code soon.  I am worndering if anyone has run into the issue.

At the simpelest, I am trying to deploy a test sequence where one of the test steps calls into a VI that is in a packed project library.  The deploy utility is configured to include the sequence file but NOT the VI as the pack project library should already exist on the deployed machine.  The path is realitive to a search directory that is different between the development and deploy machine.

Here's this issue, when the TestStand deploy utility runs the build it changes the relative path of the VI call.

For example lets say the relitave path on the development machine is:

Library\MyPackProject.lvlibp\MyVi.vi

After the build the path is now:

Library\MyPackProject.lvlibp\MyVi.vi\MyVi.vi

For some reason the build utility duplicates the packed project library path.  This only happens if you don't inlcude packed project library in the deploy.  If it were not for this extra VI path append to the end all would be happy.

I can also work around it by setting the deploy to "Include without Processing Items or Dependencies" but this will cause issues with other files that I do want to include.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,797 Views)

Sometimes the deployment utility can be frustrating when you use shared code in there, like you library that i guess is shared among other test on that machine.

i was going to tell you that that do the Process without dependencies but you need to make sure the machine you are deploying the code has everything that will make the sequence run.

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,793 Views)

I'm bumping this topic as I've also encountered this and wondering if it's something that's not configured right on the DeploymentUtility or if it's a bug.

Certified-LabVIEW-Architect_rgb.jpgCertified_TestStand_Architect_rgb.jpg

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Bernard Books

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,721 Views)

Hello all,

This is a known issue that is being tracked by NI in CAR ID 533930. Currently, our best workarounds are to do either of the following:

• Include the PPL in the deployment explicitly (for example, by including it in the workspace), or
  • Use the "Include without Processing Item or Dependencies" option

We're currently looking into the issue to determine how best to fix the problem in a future version of TestStand. If you have any other questions about it or still run into trouble after trying the above workarounds, please let us know.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,652 Views)