From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decode thisContext ObjHandle

When i open Import/Export Property dialog, the "Properties" pane displays the already available Locals, Globals, and Step properties, which the user can select. I noticed that while calling the limitloader.dll, "thisContext" is passed as an object handle. How is the variables information decoded from this? And is this a Teststand specific control? I would like to create my own dialog, where i need to implement the functionality of the whole "Properties" pane alone along with some other custom controls, leaving out the rest of the controls existing in the current Import/Export dialog.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,621 Views)

Hi,

Use thisContext handle, with the TestStand API methods and properties. For this handle you can obtain other handles such as the Engine, etc, so that you can use all the API methods either as part of your SequenceFile steps, or as part of an Operator Interface.

There are plenty of examples both on the NI website and as part of the TestStand installation to help you.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 2 of 2
(2,614 Views)