From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug/trace info from .c program.....

Is there a way to capture debug info from a c file that was executed by teststand (dll adapter)? To be more clear....I have a dll that has a lot print to screen statements all over the place. I would like to be able to see those prints in somekind of trace or debug window while teststand is running.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,695 Views)
Hello Gregg,

I assumed you are using printf commands in your code. As far as I know, if you are printing to the screen I don't think you can get it from TestStand. However, there are a couple of options.

1. you may modify your code and write to a file intead of screen and read this file in a separate module that will be running in parallel to your sequence.

2. you may create a panel in the CVI DLL and update your messages to a control. Also you may need to have an additional function in your DLL to be called to display the panel

3. you may pass the sequence context to your DLL function and write the text messages to TestStand Variables and create additional functions to read and display this variables.

4. You can use message boxes in your CVI
code instead of printing to the screen

Regards,

Roberto Piacentini
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,695 Views)