NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DeadLock at "RemoveFromBatch" step in BatchModel -TS2010

Hello everyone,

We are using TS2010 for several years at board manufacturing tests.

A couple of months ago,we started to face with a deadlock at "removefrombatch" step of batchmodel.seq. 

The deadlock  situation is not repeatable in other words we can say it randomly occurs. If you are lucky and let's say you take 10 full test run, you may never face with the problem. And on the other hand if you have bad luck you can get deadlock 7 out of 10 test runs.

I am calling it as a "luck" to humorize the situation, Actually I am trying to figure out the real reason of this problem.

Is there anyone to give some idea at least I can investigate more.

DeadLock_RemovefromBatch.png

Not: Although we have using batch model, in this test scenario there is only one UUT.

We are running test on Single PASS execution entry point.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,540 Views)

Have you look through TestStand Know Issues list? Since TestStand 2010 a lot changed so maybe it is a good place to look for answers. For example:

Batch synchronization behaves incorrectly when you set a SequenceCall step and the steps within the subsequence to serial batch synchronization.

So, is it possible that you use synchronization step properties or step types in you client sequence and serial option is used there?

Also I see you have a plus sign (+) in the model sequence file. Are you sure you don't have any problem with type definitions?

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,515 Views)