NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database logging error -214746259

I randomly have been receiving this error when storing writing data to a database, but have been unable to reliably reproduce it. Anyone have more information about what could possibly be causing this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,302 Views)

Hey ATE_Dude,

Do you have the Share Data Link Between Executions option enabled on the Data Link tab of your database options? I can see you have multiple executions visible on your interface, so I'm wondering if the multiple executions could be competing for access to the same resource. 

I'm not sure which type of database you are using, but you might want to try some of the suggestions from this page on known issues with database interaction in TestStand. The fact that it occurs inconsistently suggests to me that it could be a race condition, so I'm hopeful that the Share Data Link option will help with the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,265 Views)

I believe we have tried this option both ways, enabled and not enabled. The one characteristic of when this problem occurs seems to be the size of the database that I am writing to. This problem is very random so characterizing its occurrence is based off my memory, but I believe I have only seen this issue when writing to a database that is over 20MB.

I will go back through my history and see if we had  made this change previously.

Thanks for the suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,262 Views)