From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIAdem Step Types for TestStand 64 Bits

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

I am working right now in a project, where I need to use DIAdem to generate a Report from a data that I have already saved in a CSV file with TestStand. I was following a video on Youtube where they show that DIAdem had a direct connection with TestStand using DIAdem as a Custom Step Type. My problem is that I didn't see that this DIAdem Step Types just has worked for 32 bits TestStand and I am working with the last version 64 bits. I have searched for the NI environment a new Step Type but I didn't find any and I am very new with TestStand, therefore, I don't know how much time requires to develop my own Step Type for DIAdem.

Does anyone have a solution o maybe can explain me how can I develop the same Step Type but for 64 bits? 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,048 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JRMejia

I didn't find any information to create a Step Type for DIAdem in the new TestStand 64 bits, but one of the options that I found was using LabVIEW who was its own VI to work with DIAdem or by command line (Link Here). This last one was also my alternative but I didn't know how that works for the Script just using the command line but in this webpage the explain the command and where are the DIAdem VIs in LabVIEW to make a connection using the script, without open the application which I found really good. Later it can use TestStand using the LabVIEW Adapter

Command Line for the System adapter in TestStand. Replace MyScript.vbs for all the address of the file that you want to use.

DIAdem.exe /CScriptStart('MyScript.vbs')

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,022 Views)