NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DESPERATE FOR HELP: TestStand Labview EXE Operator Interface hangs/delays after executing Labview Steps With PXIe NIDC Calls [TS2019, LV2019]

This sequence works perfectly under sequence editor.

If I try and run it using the stock LabVIEW OI EXE, it will hang for 5 minutes each on LV steps that initialize NIDC power supplies.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(983 Views)

Hi Jed_Davidow

If you run it using the TestStand Sequence Editor but with the LabVIEW Adaptor set to Run-Time Engine rather than LabVIEW Development what do you get?

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(955 Views)

Hi, 

Couple of questions - Are both the LabVIEW OI and Sequence Editor running on the same machine or different machines? What is your LV adapter settings? 

Another approach is to create a dump file when the process is hanging for 5 minutes and to connect NI Support to help review the dump file. 

Steps to create dump file - Obtaining a WinDbg Dump File to Troubleshoot Crashes in NI Software - NI

You can also use task manager to create a dump file. 

Regards, 

Anand Jain

NI

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(937 Views)

Couple of questions - Are both the LabVIEW OI and Sequence Editor running on the same machine or different machines? What is your LV adapter settings? 

Same machine, LV Full Development

I think it's also worth noting that several VIs have successfully completed before this hangs, and it appears to hang when initializing the Power Supply.

My next step is to insert synchronous logging-to-disk to see where it hangs; but I suspect the hang is in TS, and not labview.

I will look into the dump file method, thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(928 Views)

Well, I dealt with this by just running things from the Test Stand editor... but now it hung during an editor run.

Looks like I will have to create a dump file for NI, unless anyone has an idea.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(861 Views)

I had very similar issue but with NI-RFSA. I don't know what was causing hanging precisely, but my "workaround" was to change initialization option string. I needed to remove "DriverSetup" key.

NI support request #01073143

I had also a bit different issue with NI-RFSG and NI-DCPower but the common part was also the initialization option string. The solution was to create the simulated device (I needed a simulated device so I was initially setting simulation flag in the code) in MAX and reference it in the code. See this: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Error-201232-when-using-NI-RFSG-with-NI-DCPower/m-p/4091220

NI support request #00958778

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
Message 6 of 6
(842 Views)