NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCOM problem Teststand 2013

I receive attached error everytime i try to launch Teststand 2013 on a PC i recently installed. 

My user is administrator and the operating system is Windows 7 Pro.

I tried all the instructions at http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ABA98DF5D5A824DB862570AD007C55E7 but it still doesn't work.

I never received such an error before for my many previous installations

Please help me on that

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,919 Views)

Hey hedehodo,

As a first step, could you try running the TestStand Version Selector and setting TestStand 2013 to be the active version, even if the Version Selector already reports 2013 as active? This operation re-registers TestStand components with the operating system and can sometimes resolve these types of issues.

I would also recommend restarting the machine--this can often reset the configuration to a working state.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be happy to help you troubleshoot further if needed.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,910 Views)

I tried it. But when i clicked the activate button it warned me that some files under examples folder missing. I normally don't install examples. Anyway i installed them but still not working. Same problem exits. Any other suggestions please?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,905 Views)

Because of the error related to flexcviadp.dll I recommend you install the latest version of the CVI runtime and see if that helps. The other error might be getting caused indirectly because of the flexcviadp not being able to load (the most likely reason for which is that the CVI runtime engine has gotten into a bad state, the easiest way to fix it is to install the latest version of the cvi runtime engine which should be somewhere on ni.com).

Hope this helps,

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,851 Views)