NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom UI - Multi Socket, Batch Mode Setting 4 Sockets, but want to just start some of them

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there

If LV call TestStand sequence which in batch mode which has 4 sockets, normally all 4 sockets start simultaneously, but sometime I just want to start part of them, for example , socket 1 & 2 only, how to make it happen? 

thanks a lot

WD

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,634 Views)

If you have 4 test sockets defined in the model. You will need to disable the two you don't use before starting a new run.

In the batch process model, you should look at "Locals.ModelData.TestSockets[0].Disabled"

Certified-LabVIEW-Architect_rgb.jpgCertified_TestStand_Architect_rgb.jpg

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Bernard Books

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,623 Views)

Thanks, does that mean I can also set  this property  dynamically in labvew before starting a new run?

WD

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,621 Views)

Usually, you define the maximum number of sockets you are capable of doing. This will define the number of "TestSockets" in ModelData. Afterward, you start your process model running and your client file.

There's a Callback called "PreBatch" you can use to change the number of sockets enabled.  You can see this example clearly if you run any sequence using the batch process model. From there, I'm sure you can easily create a boolean or any LabVIEW call to update this variable during this callback.

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Bernard Books

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,618 Views)

Do you agree if this is right way to go --- launch 4 socket max, sometime just lauch some of them acoording to UUT presence. 

Any better proposal?

again, thanks

WD

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,615 Views)

I don't know your situation well enough to make that determination. You will need to make that determination.

If you system can support 4 DUTs at once, then yes it makes sense to set max sockets to 4.  if it's only 2, then I would set your max to that and not worry about disabling certian sockets. If it's 8, set to 8, etc.

Ii'd also ask how likely will you get into a situation where, assuming you have 4 DUT capacity, you would be only testing 2. Would they always be DUT 1 and DUT 2, or would it be effectively random? These are engineering questions outside understanding how TestStand works.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,612 Views)

Hi BSVARE

Final target: 4 sockets max. each UUT has serial number & presence detection(DIO); The socket (each test thread) only start when SN is correnct & the UUT is detected right on position.

By this way, if one test slot is in malfuction, I can just skip this hardware channel.

B.R.

WD

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,599 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author WD1978

Well, I'd definitately do a batch or parallel process model. If the need is that they have to start at the same time, then batch. If any could be started at any time, then I'd consider parallel.

If batch, I'd modify the PreBatch Callback to loop check each socket using the presence detection. If detected, check serial number. If number is valid, enable socket for testing. While this is looping, I'd have a UI that displays the status of each socket (depending on coding, it could all be in the display UI). I'd also continuiously check an active socket's serial number just in case the Operator pulled the UUT out before ready to test. (Disable socket if serial number can't be determined)  Once the person closes the UI, it returns the array/cluster of valid sockets to the PreBatch Callback who will in turn update the ModelData Parameter.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,582 Views)

Thank you so much.

WD

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,567 Views)