NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Step Type from NI Multiple Numeric Limit Test Step

Hi all,

I try to make a custom step type from the existing NI Multiple Numeric Limit Test Step : 

- Limits array and Data Source array would be already filled with static elements

- Data Source tab would be hidden

- Buttons (+,-,up,down) would be disable

- Only limit setting would be enable

- Another tab would be present to setup other properties

I'm using C# .NET, not LV.

Thanks in advance for your help

Maxime

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,776 Views)

Do you have specific questions? What have you tried so far?

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,743 Views)

I managed to make my own step type from multiple numeri limit test step : 

- I added a pre step which call my .NET code module

- I set up the default values of DataSourceArray, DataSource, Measurement array

When I try my step type in a sequence file, it's working : 

- pre step is called

- the report display the measurements name and value

- the limits comparaison are performed

But : 

- The limits and units are not displayed in the report

- The user can modified the measurement array in the edit tab (I want to disable this feature)

- The user can select adapter type (I want to fix adapter <None> and disable the adapter modification)

Can you help me to fix the 3 issues?

Thanks

Maxime

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,739 Views)

Today, I made some progress about yesterday issues.

-The limits and units are not displayed in the report : flag "is limit" was not check on Limits property

- The user can modified the measurement array in the edit tab : need to check flag "Name not editable"

- The user can select adapter type (I want to fix adapter <None> and disable the adapter modification) : no solution for moment

Other issues : 

- Would it be possible to localize measurement name (english, french ,...) in step setting, in report, in database?

Thanks in advance for your help

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,726 Views)

On the Disable Properties tab you should be able to check the Specify Module.  That will make it so they cannot change the module or adapter.

When localizing you want to use Resource Strings wherever the value needs to be localized. Here's a document on it: http://www.ni.com/tutorial/6046/en/

Cheers,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,724 Views)

Thanks for your response.

I think I have already tried disabling specify module. I will try again tomorrow...

For Multiple NUmeric Limit Step, the measurments are stored in an array of step type.

The displaying show the name of each element (sequence editor or report). But I don't know how localize the name of element in an array.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,720 Views)

HI Guys,

I confirm, if "Specify module" is checked, I can't specify module called. But I want to disable Adapter selection.

How can I do that?

other question : 

In my custom Multiple Numeric Limit Test Step Type, I use a custom Data Type "LimitMeasurement", the same one that NI_Limit Measurement" but with one field more.

When I perform a step, everything is working but in the generated report, the measurement fields are printed verticaly like that : 

Capture.PNG

How can I have the standard report format like that : 

Capture.PNG

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,709 Views)

It's because your xml schema only handles the NI type.  You would need to edit the schema to have it render your type correctly.  If it doesn't  know the type it does sequential lines like you have.

Here's a doc on it:

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/54604/en/

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,706 Views)

OK, understood. So if I create a custom "LimitMeasurement" Data Type, I will have to manage it for all result processings (report xml/atml, database)

I created a custom "LimitMeasurement" by adding "Name" field in order to localize measurement name.

But maybe, there is another solution to do that... But I don't know.

Do you have an idea?

Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,703 Views)