cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom CSV Report

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I need to create custom CSV report (actually txt file). The report needs to have header and body. All informations are stored in form of columns. For each measurement step new column must be added to the body. Additionally header will need to store first failed step name from the body.

Example:

UUT SN, Machine Name, First Fail, Step 1, Step 2, Step 3

xxx, yyy, Step 2, pass, fail, pass

Currently I'm lost in process model file and NI articles. I don't know which path should I take: modify Report Entry Callback or modify ReportGen_txt.seq, or maybe something else?

I would be grateful for any guidance on how to approach the topic. I have never customized any report.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,528 Views)

A few questions.  

For every test run, do you just append the results to the current file with the new UUT SN?  

Or is this a batch run and you're grouping everything in the batch?

Is this report in addition to another report that might contain more data for your tests?

My first thought is that you should modify ReportGen_txt so that you can get exactly what you want.

Some options: 

1. Modify ReportGen_txt, but I'm not sure if you're running other sequences on your system that may not want this same format.

2. If you're producing another report already, parse that file in PostUUT.

3. Modify the TestReport callback and use MainSequenceResults to get the data you want for your report.

Pulido Technologies LLC

Message 2 of 5
(4,526 Views)

I'm using batch model and I need seperate file for each tested UUT. 

I need only my custom reports.

How hard it would be to create my own ReportGen_custom secuence?

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,508 Views)

Modifying reportgen_txt.seq is not something for novice TestStand users, but it's definitely doable.  The default report generation covers a lot of possible step options (looping, additional results, multiple numerics, etc.) that sometimes can be missed when customizing.  In your specific case, it does sound like customizing reportgen_txt.seq is the most efficient option here.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,492 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bienieck

Hi Michal,

the Simple Text Report plugin would be a good starting point. You can find the installation instructions here:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052N-01/tsexamples/infotopics/modelplugin/

Regards

Dániel Fülöp
Field Application Engineer (CLA, CTA)
National Instruments
Message 5 of 5
(4,460 Views)