NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Sequence Call To Another Sequence File Causes Sequence Module Pane To Freeze

This may be a bug OR I could be missing something here.

Here are the steps to reproduce.

1. Open the attached sequence file (MainFile.seq)
  2. Put down a Sequence Call step and check Use Current File
  3. Choose Test from the Sequence drop down
  4. Fill out the Parameters with values (5, False, doesn't matter.  This won't error if there aren't parameters in the subsequence.)
  5. Open a new sequence file and save it anywhere with any name
  6. Copy the Sequence Call step from MainFile.seq and paste it in the new sequence file
  7. Now uncheck the Use Current File option (this is where I believe the issue occurs)
  8. Now if it will let you browse to MainFile.seq and choose Test from the drop down.
  9. For the rest of the entire TestStand session any sequence call step will be grayed out and won't let you edit.

To get it back you have to restart TS.

This is TestStand 2010 SP 1 without any patches.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,707 Views)

Thank you for reporting this issue with clear steps for reproducing. This is a bug in TestStand 2010 and appears to be the same issue as the one initially reported here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Unable-to-change-step-settings/m-p/1771360

This issue is fixed in TestStand 2012.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,688 Views)

This is good ammunition for me to use to upgrade to 2012.  Along with: Plugins, Array Manipulation, Copying VIs from Folders directly to Sequence File, etc...

If only it were simple to get 40 engineers to upgrade all at once.... 🙂

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,643 Views)

Hi Jigg,

two weeks ago i have upgrades to TS 5.0 , and it is working well especailly the startup time had been reduced.  

There is a new tool, called "MigrationUtility" with it you can upgrade very comfortable

... just 10 engineers has to be upgraded.... 

Regards

Juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,636 Views)

Erik or any other NI folks:

Are there any temp fixes for this in 2010 SP1? Not only is the frequency of this getting worse it's now at a point where I can no longer create a new sequence file at all, even after restarting TS and my PC. See attached screenshot.

I'm about to repair TS but I'd prefer not to have to do that.

CTA, CLA, MTFBWY
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,471 Views)

Nevermind. Jiggawax was subverting me with a gimped front end callback. Return to your lives.

CTA, CLA, MTFBWY
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,462 Views)