From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling Teststand Datalog Filename Macros

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm running into some strange behaviors when I attempt to use the Teststand Configure>Result Processing.  When I use the wild card macros [UUT][Date][Time] I should be able to insert those values into my Testsand Datalog file name, but on one Teststand setup it works fine, and the other it only returns [UUT][Date][Time] instead without inserting the selected values.  The 2 screen captures show the 2 different Tabs under "Configure>>Result Processing" which should permit me to control where a datalog filename goes and output the correct macros.  But there must be another control or configuration somewhere else that I'm missing, that has actual control over [UUT][Date][Time] in a Teststand Datalog Filename interpretation.

See attached Screen capture pictures to get a better look at the 2 tabs under Configure>>Result Processing.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,244 Views)

If both stations are really configured the same way, i'm not sure why there is a difference.

I assume that the working station is configured differently compared to what you show in the screenshot.

Using a fixed report path should not work with macros. The working station most likely has the configuration in the Generate Report File Path section.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,216 Views)

@Norbert_B wrote:

If both stations are really configured the same way, i'm not sure why there is a difference.

I assume that the working station is configured differently compared to what you show in the screenshot.

Using a fixed report path should not work with macros. The working station most likely has the configuration in the Generate Report File Path section.

These 2 Tabs are the same for Both Setups.  My question; is there another configuration control that I'm overlooking somewhere?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,203 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Edmund.M.Williams

It is possible that some components (e.g. process model plugins) modify that path information.

However, it makes no sense that macros are kept as macro string on one machine if that would be the reason.

Are both TS really the same version?

EDIT: Note that older TS might not implement macros and hence it would be a static part of the path information

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 4 of 5
(2,199 Views)

@Norbert_B wrote:

It is possible that some components (e.g. process model plugins) modify that path information.

However, it makes no sense that macros are kept as macro string on one machine if that would be the reason.

Are both TS really the same version?

EDIT: Note that older TS might not implement macros and hence it would be a static part of the path information

That must be it, one is Teststand 2017 the other Teststand 2014

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,193 Views)