cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Container Variable not expandable in calling sequence

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I have created a custom variable (from a type def in Labview) that is a container type.  The front panel controls and indicators of my code module match the custom variable.  If I use the custom variable type in my top level sequence, it seems to work ok.  However, if I use in in my sub sequences and pass it as a parameter to the top level calling sequence, the parameter is not expandable, meaning that I can't select individual elements for logging, or reassignment.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

GSinMN

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,446 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GSinMN

it is not possible in the current version of TestStand.  I really really really really wish it was though....

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand-Idea-Exchange/Allow-Sequence-Adapter-to-expand-containers-in-th...

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,445 Views)

Hello Jigg,

Thanks for the quick response.  Disappointing news, but at least I know not to keep trying.  I guess I'll have to split it into individual variables.  This is going to get messy....

Thanks again,

GSinMN

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,443 Views)

Hello Jigg,

Thanks for the quick response.  Disappointing news, but at least I know not to keep trying.  I guess I'll have to split it into individual variables.  This is going to get messy....

Thanks again,

GSinMN

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,443 Views)

Go post and kudo that idea.  Maybe it will help elevate it.  I'm surprised it hasn't been implemented yet.

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,435 Views)

Agreed and done.

GSinMN

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,433 Views)